Thursday, July 30, 2009

{oh no he didn't!}

if you know our
little big guy
in real life
you know he is a boy's boy
he is rough and tumble
he is hands on
he is passionate!

he loves nothing more
than wrestling with daddy on the floor

so about six months ago,
when he also wanted
to wrestle with his friends in preschool,
we decided to give him an outlet for his energy:
martial arts!
and a match made in heaven they are!
he loves every minute of it!
he is learning to defend himself,
when it is appropriate to do so,
and that discipline and hard work pay off!
he earned his yellow belt {with white stripe}
recently and is so proud of his accomplishment!
he has also filled us in on his plans...
to become an mma fighter when he grows up...oiy!




so last week, he went to
vacation bible school
on the first day he comes home with a shiner!
apparently he was intentionally
pushed by another
energetic young lad
{this according to the teacher}
and did a face plant on the play structure.
okay, those things happen, he shrugged it off,
and i was just thankful he didn't start it!
the next day i am buckling him in the car
and i see two red scratch marks on his neck
i ask about it and he says some boy did it
but he conveniently couldn't remember the rest!
alrighty then...maybe a lesson
on love thy neighbor
could be covered in vbs???
so a few days later, he asks me to feel
the back of his ear.
i do, and much to my surprise, it is all scratched up
and scabbed over!
i ask what happened and this is the conversation:


him: well remember the day i had the scratches on my neck?


me: yes...


him: well, i might get in trouble for telling you this...


me: just tell me, you will not be in trouble!


him: well, this boy, he scratched me on the neck
i don't know why, but i did what sifu said to do when
we get attacked...


me: {as the blood drains from my face} and that is?


him: i put him in a full mount



me: you what?!?!?!


him: i put him in a full mount


me: i heard you! why on earth did you do that? and at bible school?


him: cuz i was defending myself


me: ummm...okay...


him: it ended when he grabbed my ear


me: at bible school honey?!


him: yeah, and when i get older i am going to do it in one of those cages!


o heavens...a conversation followed
concerning the fact that he is going to K
in a few weeks
and he is NOT to touch another person
even if he thinks he is defending himself
i gently reminded him that mommy
works at the school and i will know
what goes on...
except i don't think he cares!
this might be a long school year!

6 comments:

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

What a cute post. I love it! And that story is hilarious! A full mount - sounds like a dangerous maneuver!

XOXO
Jen

Jen said...

LOVE IT!
I love the cages comment...perfect!

Aubrey said...

LOL!!!!!

Oh. My...he's going to do it in one of those cages when he gets older?!?! And dad said???

He's too much!

MOM said...

HE IS ALL BOY ALRIGHT..AND HE DOES KNOW HOW TO DEFEND HIMSELF..AT LEAST NO BULLY WILL BE BOTHERING HIM....MISS YOU GUYS....lOVE TO YOU ALL, MOM.....KISSES AND HUGS TO ALL!

missy said...

oh my gosh.....i love this post!!!!!
how funny!?!?!?!?!?

Heather said...

LOL!! I can so see my 4 almost 5 y/o doing and saying the same thing!! It's not funny, but so funny at the same time!! And I bet he'll shock you with how good he is in school this year!! :)