- Auntie Em: Now you go feed those hogs before they worry themselves into anemia! (my fave)
- Wicked Witch of the West: I'll get you my pretty... and your little dog too! (olivia's fave)
- Glinda, the Good Witch of the North: Only bad witches are ugly. (kelly's fave)
- Tin Woodsman: Now I know I have a heart, because it's breaking (surely not mason's fave, but let's pretend it is)
now, for some Oz trivia: did you know...
- The "oil" that was used to lubricate the Tin Man was not really oil. It was discovered that oil would not photograph well, so they used chocolate syrup instead.
- Shirley Temple was first considered for the role of Dorothy.
- Buddy Ebsen had been cast as the Scarecrow, and now switched roles with Bolger. But the aluminum powder makeup for the Tin Woodsman was toxic and Ebsen apparently had an allergic reaction to it as well. He left the picture, but his voice can still be heard in "Off to see the Wizard".
- Judy Garland's dress and blouse were in reality not white but pale pink. True white did not photograph properly in Technicolor and made the blue of her checked dress seem too bright.
- Many of the Wicked Witch of the West's scenes were either trimmed or deleted entirely, as Margaret Hamilton's performance was thought too frightening for audiences.
- During the haunted forest scene, several actors playing the Winged Monkeys were injured when the piano wires suspending them snapped, dropping them several feet to the floor of the sound stage.
- According to lead Munchkin Jerry Maren, the "little people" on the set were paid $50 per week for a 6-day work week, while Toto received $125 per week.
for much more Oz trivie, click here.
and finally, before the movie, olivia wanted to be the wicked witch, now she wants to be dorothy. mason still wants to be the lion. should be a fun halloween!