Sunday, November 2, 2008

feeling up for a challenge?

52 days...

until chirstmas
i don't know about you
but i do not enjoy
seeing christmas
stuff on the shelves beside
the fall stuff
for one,
i love fall
and don't wish it to leave sooner than it must
secondly,
the thought of christmas shopping stresses me out
don't get me wrong,
i love to shop, love it
but really, we are on a tight budget right now
and don't want to spend money we don't have
sooooooo....i am announcing
a promise and a challenge!
i PROMISE to make it a homemade christmas
i CHALLENGE you to do the same

over the next few weeks,
i am going to post some really great ideas
and cool links
for making great gifts this christmas
yes, i get that i will have to buy the stuff
to make some of these things
but i know i will spend way less
and i can't wait to do it with the kids
we have the whole week of thanksgiving off
we will start then...

and really, here is the biggest question:
how much more stuff do we all need?
hubs and i have downsized our kids stash of toys
and really, what they have is still more than they play with
and as for us, well, we have enough, as do most people i know!
so, i am declaring an end to excessiveness!

who wants to join me in lovingly making this a homemade christmas?

6 comments:

angi_b72 said...

SOunds good to me!!! My kids are getting a gift that the whole family can enjoy...wonder who will get to open it? lol

Anonymous said...

sounds great to me--I would love to have a fun and joyous Christmas with family..have a big party lots of food ..sing and play some fun games or cards...it is time not to stop spending so much money on such a beautiful holiday and enjoying family!!! good idea , Lori.

Anonymous said...

sorry..i meant to sy..it is time to stop spending so much money. mom

Mamarazzi said...

oh yeah i am all over this one!

Aubrey said...

Oh girl! What a FAB idea. We are on a pretty tight budget ourselves and anything that can save a little money I'm all for! I love your first idea!

Anonymous said...

I know, it's so bittersweet-I love picking out gifts for ppl and the excitement of it all, but it is SO stressful at the same time!